XXXVIII NOSSIDE WORLD AWARD – 2023
Participation in the XXXVIII Nosside World Poetry Prize (hereinafter "Prize" or "Competition") implies full and unconditional acceptance of all the clauses of these Regulations.
The organizer of the Prize is the Centro Studi Bosio (hereinafter the "Organizing Committee"), Reggio Calabria, Italy. For more information, please visit www.nosside.org or send an email to
Registrations open on 15TH April 2023 and close on 30TH June 2023.
I - INTRODUCTION
1.1. The Nosside World Poetry Prize is a Cultural Project. Its primary objective is to bring together in the same ambit the poetic imagery expressed in different languages, cultures and forms of communication on Planet Earth. Without divisions of any kind.
Nosside is the only global, multilingual and multimedia competition for an unpublished poem that has never won a prize in other competitions. It has 5 (five) official languages (Italian, English, Spanish, Portuguese and French). But it is open to all other languages, idioms and dialects of the world (by adding the text in one's mother tongue to the version in one of the 5 Official Languages) and to any form of expression: written poetry, video (video- clip of a poem) and in music (author's song). In 37 Editions, poets from 104 States from all continents participated in 153 Languages, Idioms or Dialects.
The PRIZE includes the following awards: Absolute Winner (or Absolute Winners ex-aequo); Special Mentions; Extraordinary mentions; Special Mentions; mentions.
Competitors can choose different forms of communication and different linguistic expressions. But an indication of whether he/she participated in written poetry or in video poetry or poetry in music or in a language or dialect does not imply separate awards. The awards at the various levels are equal. They are therefore indicated according to the alphabetical order of the surnames of their authors, without any ranking. The authors of the non-awarded works are not disclosed by the Organizing Committee.
A particular recognition is the “Nosside-Bergamotto di Reggio Calabria” Special Prize, which can be entered with a second independent registration with respect to the Free Theme Competition, but following the same plurilingual and multimedia methods of the Free Theme Competition.
1.2.We consider "unpublished" written poetry that has never participated in other competitions or has never been published until the conclusion of the Nosside Prize in any form and distributed in any form to the public: whether in print (personal or collective anthology, magazines, newspapers, periodicals, self-printed) and via the Internet (online magazines, blogs, facebook, twitter, You Tube, GoogleVideo, YahooVideo, etc.).
· We consider "unpublished" the song that has never participated in other competitions, has never been published by record companies and/or on internet sites or disseminated through Radio or TV broadcasters, Blogs, Websites such as Youtube, GoogleVideo, etc.
· We consider "unpublished" video poetry that has never participated in other competitions or has never been published by Publishers and/or on Websites or disseminated through Television Broadcasters, Blogs, including personal ones, Websites, face-book pages or twitter or disseminated on Youtube, GoogleVideo, YahooVideo, etc.
· We consider "never awarded in other competitions" the poem written or video or music that is in this condition (in any form) until the definitive publication - on the Official Website of the Prize (www.nosside.org) - of the final decision of the International Jury of the XXXVIII Nosside Prize.
1.3. We deem the simultaneous participation of the same composition in any form in other competitions in the same year as the participation in the Nosside Prize subject to exclusion.
· In the case of reporting a case of Plagiarism for which an award-winning poet has been responsible, the decision to ascertain the validity or otherwise of the case will be entrusted to an external Board of experts appointed by the Organizing Committee.
· The verification of the transgression of one of the aforementioned conditions until the final publication of the final decision of the Jury on the Official Site of the Prize (www.nosside.org) will result in the automatic exclusion of the competitor from the shortlist of Prize Winners of the XXXVIII Nosside Prize.
II – ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
2.1. THE COMPETITORS
The competition is open to citizens of all countries of the world, provided they have reached the age of 14 in 2022. THE ABSOLUTE WINNERS of previous editions can no longer participate in the competition. SPECIAL MENTIONS can participate after an Edition. OTHERS can also participate in the following year.
2.2. THE WINNERS of the "NOSSIDE-BERGAMOT DI REGGIO CALABRIA" SPECIAL AWARD can no longer participate in the Nosside with a work dedicated to the World Prince of Citrus. But they can continue to participate in the free-themed Nosside Contest, subject to the limitations of 2.1.
2.3. THE COMPOSITION
To be admitted to the competition, the work must meet the following requirements:
A - be original (not plagiarized);
B - be written:
a) in one of the five official languages of the Prize (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, English and French);
b) in any other language of the world: official national language of a State (e.g. Russian, German, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Swedish, etc.); native language of a native people (e.g. Quechua, Tagalog or one of the many languages of native peoples on all continents); language of an ethnic minority; language or dialect.
In case b) (poetry in any other language) the text presented in the competitor's mother tongue must be accompanied by a translation into one of the 5 official languages of the Prize
(e.g. a poet who presents the text in any language or in a dialect must accompany it with the version in Italian or English or French or Spanish or Portuguese).
In case that those taking part in the Nosside Prize on a free theme decide to add a second entry to the Nosside-Bergamot Special Award of Reggio Calabria, the same plurilingual and multimedia procedures apply as for the Award.
III – MODALITY OF PARTICIPATION
3.1. FORMS OF POETIC EXPRESSION
Participation can take place with a single poem in one of the following forms of poetic expression:
- Written poetry: a single poem, on any subject, from a minimum of 3 lines to a maximum of 30 lines;
- Poetry in music: a single author's song with a free theme, from a minimum of 3 lines to a maximum of 30 lines lasting no more than 4 minutes. For the musical composition and/or performance of the song, the poet may have the collaboration of a singer and one or more musicians;
- Poetry in video or computer graphics: a single video poem (on any theme, from a minimum of 3 lines to a maximum of 30 lines) lasting no more than 4 minutes, excluding opening and closing credits. For the realization of the video clip, the poet can be supported by a director and/or other collaborators.
3.2. DONATION FOR THE PARTICIPATION
The Nosside Prize does not access any form of contributions from public bodies but is based exclusively on private donations from individuals, associations or foundations for its essential organizational expenses. Therefore he asks whoever wants to participate for a donation which can also be made after sending the Registration Form and the work with which the poet participates.
The donation varies according to the country of origin:
- for the Group A (competitors from the States indicated in the Entry Form): 20 €uro
- for the Group B (competitors from all other countries in the world,
or competitors speaking languages of native peoples or ethno-linguistic minorities or dialects):10 €uro
- Self-registration to the Special Prize “Nosside-Bergamot of Reggio Calabria”: 10 €uro
The payment of the Donation can be made through one of the options indicated in the
Registration form, available on the Prize website www.nosside.org in the five official languages or requested in one of the 5 official languages by email firstname.lastname@example.org
3.3. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS AND DONATIONS FUND
The payment of the Donation can be made directly by the competitor or by: another person (family member or friend, even residing in a State other than that of the competitor), a Foundation, a Club, an Association, a Company, a trade union, a University, a School or other Body.
In any case, the Nosside Prize intends to guarantee equal opportunities for all participants. Therefore, in the event that a competitor has difficulty in paying the Donation for any valid reason, he can request access to the Nosside Donation Fund, in which some Partners of the Prize participate.
IV – ENROLLMENT TO THE COMPETITION
Registrations - only for internet via e-mail - open on 15TH April 2023 and close on 30TH June 2023. Registration can be done online directly from the site or via email by sending the following attachments to email@example.com:
1. Registration form in Microsoft Word.doc format (online on the website www.nosside.org or requested from the Prize email) filled in all the mandatory fields;
2. Any biographical note and/or artistic curriculum (non-compulsory items);
3. The work / composition in competition:
-for written poetry: a file in Microsoft Word.doc format with the text of the poem (on any theme, from a minimum of 3 verses to a maximum of 30 verses), in one of the five official languages of the Prize or in any other world language accompanied by translation into one of the five official languages;
- for Poetry in music (song): a file in Microsoft Word.doc format containing the text (on any theme, from a minimum of 3 verses to a maximum of 30 verses) in one of the five official languages of the Prize or in any other world language accompanied by a translation into one of the five official languages; the song in an MP3 format file;
- for Poetry in Video: a file in Microsoft Word format containing the text (on any subject, from a minimum of 3 verses to a maximum of 30 verses) in one of the five official languages of the Prize or in any other language of the world accompanied from translation into one of the five official languages; the video clip in MP4 or Windows Media Player format in two copies (one with the opening and closing credits and another - for the Jury - with only the indication of the title without the name of the author or collaborators). Video in other languages, idioms or dialects must be subtitled in Italian or in one or more of the other 4 official languages.
- EXCLUSIVELY for participants of POETRY IN VIDEO: SEND - via DROPBOX or WE TRANSFER or other systems - the video clip in two copies: one with the titles and one without other items except the title of the work. The rest of the documentation (completed registration form, biographical note and artistic curriculum, text of the poem) must be sent by e-mail.
- To compete for the "NOSSIDE-BERGAMOT OF REGGIO CALABRIA" SPECIAL AWARD, the same procedures apply as for the Nosside Competition with a free theme.
V -JURY AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
5.1. INTERNATIONAL JURY. The International Jury will be appointed after the closing of entries and will be composed of Internal Members and External Members. It will conclude its work by 30thSeptember 2023 and will be dissolved after the last meeting. Only its President and the Internal Members will remain in office until the Final Event of the Award Ceremony.
5.2. SELECTION PROCESS.
The Secretariat of the Prize will send to the Jury the competing works with the authors indicated only by a number (eg Competitor n. 27, or n. 146 or n. 232).
5.3. THE JURY WILL DESIGNATE a Shortlist of three to five MAIN FINALISTS.
It will also award EXTRAORDINARY MENTIONS, SPECIAL MENTIONS and MENTIONS.
Finally, the Jury will award the NOSSIDE-BERGAMOT OF REGGIO CALABRIA SPECIAL AWARD (offered by the Nosside and the Bergamot Committee of Reggio Calabria) for a poem in any language or dialect, written or in video or song dedicated to the extraordinary qualities of the World Prince of Citrus fruits.
5.4. AMONG THE MAIN FINALISTS, the PRESIDENCY of the AWARD will designate the ABSOLUTE WINNER or EX AEQUO ABSOLUTE WINNERS. THE OTHER MAIN FINALISTS will be awarded as SPECIAL MENTIONS.
5.5. The works that will receive awards in the various levels will be considered as equals. They will then be indicated according to the alphabetical order of the surnames of their authors, without any ranking. The authors of the non-awarded works will not be disclosed by the Organizing Committee.
5.6. PROCEDURE TO GUARANTEE IMPARTIALITY AND TRANSPARENCY
In order to ensure greater transparency and impartiality, the Organizing Committee of the Prize - to ascertain any violations or distractions of these Regulations - will carry out a double check:
a) before the Final Jury Meeting; b) after the Final Jury Meeting.
The ascertainment of a violation of these Regulations by a competitor will result in his automatic exclusion from the list of Prize Winners.
The President of the Prize and the President of the Jury, after examining any irregularities and taking the consequent decisions, will announce the definitive list of the awarded works and their authors and will arrange for its publication. From the moment in which the list of Award Winners is published on the official website www.nosside.org and on the Facebook Pages and Groups, the judgment of the Jury will become unquestionable and unappealable and will be unchangeable.
VI – PRIZE POOL
THE ABSOLUTE WINNER will receive: 1.200 €uro; the silver reworking of Umberto Boccioni's Nosside logo created and donated by the Master Goldsmith Gerardo Sacco; the Nosside Plaque, the Certificate and a copy of the “Nosside 2023” Anthology. In the event of ex-aequo, the sum of 1,200 €uro will be divided equally among the Prize Winners;
200 €uro, Nosside Plaque, Certificate, 1 Anthology and Bergamot products from Reggio Calabria.
VII - ANTOLOGY “NOSSIDE 2023”
ALL THE AWARDED WORKS WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE "NOSSIDE 2023" ANTHOLOGY, in print and in the e-book Anthology. The Anthology will be edited by the Organizing Committee, published by the Media&Books Publishing House of Rome (Italy) and distributed on Amazon, GooglePlay, etc. The Video Poems and Video Versions of the Awarded Songs of Absolute Winners, Special Mentioned and Extraordinary Mentioned will be published in the YouTube Channel "PremioMondialNosside".
The publication of the works in the Anthology and in the YouTube Channel of the Nosside Prize, as well as in sites and other communication tools managed by the Organizing Committee, will not imply compensation or royalties for the authors.
VIII-FINAL EVENT OF THE PREMIATION
The Final Award Event of the XXXVIII Nosside Prize will take place in Reggio Calabria on Friday 24thNovember 2023 at 5.00 pm.
The Prizes must be collected personally by the authors on the day of the Prize Giving. Absence will result in the loss of the cash amount. This clause will be fully applied to the Absolute Winner. He must personally participate in the Ceremony, otherwise he will lose the entire amount of money.
Only in exceptional, justified and documented circumstances, the Organizing Committee may evaluate the hypothesis of granting a Special Mentioned absent on the day of the Awarding the reduced sum of 200 Euros or an Extraordinary Mentioned the reduced sum of 100 €uros.
Prizes not collected directly in the Final Award Ceremony (Plaque, Certificate and possible reduced sum of 200 Euros for a Special Mention or 100 Euros for an Extraordinary Mention) may be recovered in the following ways:
a) sent personally to the winners with costs of freight forwarding;
b) by bank transfer or by other means of any sum in €uro;
c) in one of the promotional events of the XXXIX Nosside Prize 2024; d) sent by email in JPG format.
For the Winner of the SPECIAL AWARD "NOSSIDE-BERGAMOT OF REGGIO CALABRIA", the same modalities of the Nosside Competition with free theme will be applied.
IX - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entries will not be returned. By participating in the competition, each competitor undertakes with a Release Act of their copyrights for the publication of their work in the Nosside Anthology, on the Official Site of the Prize www.nosside.org and in any other publication relating to the Prize edited by of the Organizing Committee. In any case, the competitor will remain the owner of his/her rights for any other individual or collective publication following the Final Award Ceremony.
9.2. PRIVACY AND DATA PROCESSING
By participating in the Competition, the competitor agrees: 1) to receive e-mails from the Organizing Committee; 2) the use of your personal data (biographical information, name, surname, place of origin, photographic images, etc.) for the purposes of the Competition; 3) the use of such data in information and promotion activities for the Award.
9.3. PARTICIPATION IN THE XXXVIII NOSSIDE WORLD POETRY PRIZE 2023 IMPLIES THE FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THE CLAUSES OF THESE REGULATIONS.